Sabtu, 18 Maret 2017

Softskill Upload Commonly Misused Words & Confusingly Related Words

Commonly Misused Words
Affect, Effect 
  • Affect is a verb 
  • Effect is a noun.

·         Your opinions do not affect my decision to move.
·         How fast you drive will have an effect on your gas mileage.

 
Accept, Except
  • Accept is to include.
  • Except means to exclude.

·         I accept this award on behalf of the whole cast.
·         I can resist everything except temptation.

 

Confusingly Related Words
Remind, Remember
  • Remind means of reminding (make people remember).
  • Remember mean recall (recall a thing).

·         Remind me to save some money every time i get salary.
·         I don't remember anything about the accident.


Chose, Select
  • Chose used to choose between two things.
  • Select used to choose between a lot of things.

·         Which want do you want to chose? Orange juice or vodka?
·         I will select the comfortable chair


Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar